Man’s stabbing death in fifth killing in London in just six days


A man has been stabbed to death in London on Tuesday and has become the fifth killing. This death was the latest in a string of homicides in the capital. The victim was in his thirties and was among three men to be knifed in a fight in Barnet shortly before 11 pm.

Man's stabbing death in fifth killing in London in just six days

All the three men were treated at the scene in Welbeck Road prior to being taken to hospital. There one of the three died shortly after midnight, remaining two victims one aged in his twenties and another in thirties remained in the hospital overnight. The conditions of the remaining two were said to be life-threatening.

Though Scotland Yard has launched a murder investigation and no arrest, have been made yet. The incident follows the incident last weekend in which three other men were killed of violence in the capital and another stabbed to death in Stratford on Monday.

As per a Scotland Yard representative reading the latest killing ‘officers as well as London Ambulance Service attended and found three men suffering stab injuries. One man was aged in his thirties and was treated at the scene prior being shifted to the hospital; he was declared dead shortly after midnight.

The remaining two have been taken to hospital but were in a life-threatening situation. A crime scene remains in place; also, the Homicide along with Major Crime command has been informed.’

This killing follows the murder of a young man named Cheyon Evans, 18 years old, in Wandsworth during the weekend due to violence. On Friday at 4.30 pm on Deeside Road, this teenager from Tooting died from a stab wound to the chest after the attack. Two men aged 17 and 18 were charged with murder along with 20 years old who was also arrested and bailed to a date in  July.

Also, four other teenagers were detained prior to being released under investigation. Over the weekend two other men were killed in due to violence. On Saturday also Gleb Stanislavovitch Zhebrovsky, 34 years old lived in the area and was from Russia, stabbed to death. He was attacked at 2 pm on Alton Street on Saturday and died on the spot. Over this weekend two other men aged 28 and 33 were detained on suspicion of murder and were in custody.

Sadiq Khan, London’s mayor, has been the focus of criticism over the violence, though he blamed cuts in policing. He said that the city has fewer police officers since 2003. He also paid tribute to the efforts and continuous struggle of the officers and alleged ‘this weekend they have cancelled leave and worked 12 hours shifts by cancelling their rest days. Hats off to them as they are under-resourced, overstretched as well as working incredibly hard.’

He added that ‘we have lost thousands of police officers which include=e more than 40 youth, several teachers along with us made in public services in preventive services. Also, the Home officer’s own civil servants suppose that there is a connection amid massive cuts in police resources and an increment in violent crime.’